Monday, September 4, 2023

Supreme Court

 What did you learn about the Supreme Court that you didn't already know?


Justices are individually responsible for deciding each case. And they don't work as one unit, I figured they'd make all decisions together. And I did not realize how much work goes on behind the scenes. I always assumed it was just people in a court room.

What is the most important take-away point about the Supreme Court?


The world would not be what it is today without the supreme court. Society needs this group of people to keep the government in check. Nothing would be solved and I feel like society would not progress, with things like slavery and women's rights. Nothing would change without the push from the Supreme Court.


What was the most surprising thing you learned?


That the supreme court will review and evaluate any case that is put in front of them. Regardless of  who wrote it, whether it is a legal official or a prisoner they will make sure to look it over.  


How did the video change the way you thought of the Supreme Court?

The only time I hear about the Supreme Court is when they are making a major and controversial decision. This made them seem more human and down to Earth. I have more respect for the Supreme Court now than I did before watching both videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Relationship With Technology

  After reflecting on my own experiences with technology and reading articles about others experiences. (Specifically the article I’m 14 and...